Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mask Off And Be Yourself

Dream is defined as a series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep. It is a state of mind marked by abstraction or release from reality. Everyone in  the Earth dream before. No matter you are young or old, aware or unaware, it is a natural phenomenon. We spend one third of our life, the same amount of time dedicated toward our career, exploring existence in a topsy-turvy world of dreams and symbols. As if we have entered a world of mirror, all that we encounter becomes a reflection of us. When we are facing crisis, dreams reveal the way ahead, activating self-knowledge and direction in life.

Maybe most of the people think that dream is not important or just an extra element in our life, but for me actually it might be our subconscious mind is trying to tell us something. Our inner-self is trying to talk and communicate with us. They live in our body. Or maybe, we are not even the host for this flesh but them.

By asking ourselves, "who is the real one in our body? Is it your subconscious mind or you yourself?" If I have to choose from this two, I guess my subconscious mind or inner-self might know me myself even better. In the real life, I am just someone who is wearing a mask known as Persona. I am nobody but someone who hides himself behind the mask and changes my mask according to the situation that I met in my daily live. According to the famous Psychologist Carl Jung, it is a mask designed on the one hand to make a definite impression upon others, and on the other to conceal the true nature of the individual. 

When I am wearing the mask, I have to conceal my true nature. So when is the time I am wearing my mask? Living in this complicated social world, I have to be a student in university, a good child at home, a good friend, a polite young man when talking to the elders and etc. I am sure that some of these are not my true nature but I am doing it every day which makes me think that this is me. Mainly is because of the socialization process, I need to follow what others are doing to be part of the society or else I will be treated like a heterogeneous. I am afraid of being a heterogeneous.

Due to the reason of wearing the mask every day, slowly I can't see and remember my face anymore. One day, I might have difficulty to recognize myself and question myself in front of a mirror, "who are you?" This question might be as tough as the popular research- “Chicken or the egg came first?” However, my inner-self is always able to be himself in dream. He does not afraid of anyone and anything. If he has to die in the dream, then he will just die. You might say that die in a dream does not mean that you do not scare of something because it is still a dream. How do you know that the one we are living is reality but not dream? It might be the inner-self is the true world and we are just mere some pathetic illusions in their world.
           
           In a nutshell, we always hear others talking about dare to be ourselves, get out from your comfort zone and to start going after your dream. Before you start chasing your dream, I would suggest you to take off your Mask of Persona and be yourself in front of anyone. I am not asking you to be bad or portrait all the negative sides of yourselves to people around you but to prevent yourself from suppressing your feelings. Positive and relaxing mood always ensure a better quality of life. We are supposed to be like our inner-self because we are not acting on a stage. Remember life is a gift by God, let’s spend it wisely without any regrets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment